One of the biggest myths about solar panel installation is that it is a tedious and long process. Not to mention expensive. While researching on frequently asked questions, there were innumerable ones we came across on:
- Customer Service
This article is aimed to break that myth for you. We’d like to take you through a step by step guide that will shed light on the processes involved at every stage. Right from the time a potential customer reaches out to us, up until the post installation service too.
To begin with, our website SunEdison Infrastructure has something called a ‘SunEdison Rooftop Calculator’ wherein you enter some of the details asked and we tell you how much energy can be saved if you opted for a solar panel.
And then of course, we also have a detailed form that you can fill on the website to get an estimated quote. This is in order to ensure you are given an average cost to bear in mind prior to the installation.
Stepping right into the step by step guide, here are the quick 6 stages you’ll be taken through, right from the time you reach out to us, up until the installation is complete.
- Consultation : For all those of you who think solar panel installation would be a long process and there are chances, you may change your mind about it in the midst of the entire process, this step is the most crucial one for you. In order to save your time and energy, we offer a free consultation wherein you will be informed:
- What your initial costs are ?
- What kind of electricity will you be consuming ?
- What amount you’d be saving in your ROI ?
- Site Visit: Post the consultation, once you decide to go ahead with us, a site visit will be organised by our team. This step is basically to visit your property in person, take a look at the space, ensure there is a spot for a panel to be installed that isn’t covered by a tree shade or any external object. Post the site visit our team will design an installation that is most suited to your space, bearing in mind the rooftop accessibility and other criteria.
- Financing: For the ones who are worried about the expense of roof top panel installation, this is a stage that should calm your nerves. If you require financing, we will help and guide you through the loan process. And here is the good news, everything from documentation to final loan approval will be taken care of by us. All you need to do is hand over the down payment cheque to us and the rest is our responsibility.
- Installation: This stage is where the installation happens. Now, right from the time the financing bit is cleared, you will be notified on email and text on:
- When the panels are packed from our warehouse
- Shipped to your address and
- Being delivered to you
Once the panels reach your property, you will have the feasibility to select an exact date and time for the installation process to take place. Our team will arrive at the requested date and time and have the panels installed. The installation will be done within a day or so.
- Approvals: “Depending on the jurisdiction, installation of a solar PV system may require an electrical permit, a building permit, zoning approval, or some combination of these.” Post the installation, we will take care of all the permits and approval documents that are required to get your system up and running as soon as possible.
- SunEdison App: Not forgetting that you may need us post installation too, we provide you with a detailed onboarding kit, which contains information on our App too. Our SunEdison App, will help you access information at your fingertips and allow you to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
The onboarding kit we provide you with will have:
- Do’s & Don’ts
- A cleaning guide to ensure your panels are as good as new years from now
- Details on warranty
- Our contact information
So there you have it, in 6 steps you can now have your solar panels installed without worrying about facing any surprises. We hope we were able to break your myth around time, effort and money involved in installing a solar panel system.
For more information, please visit our website sunedisoninfra.com